Rasputin3000

Gear Supporter
Hi, this is the official thread for the ongoing Silhouette Mirage english fan translation project. Soniccd123, Malenko, and myself are inserting the PSX Working Designs script into the game and we are making excellent progress (check out the version 0.148 patch here). We are currently grinding out the text replacement and hope to have this project complete by the end of the year (though no promises).

The resource page will receive regular updates, with new patches coming with each Area we complete. So please do keep and eye on that.

Some examples of before and after here:

Example 1.png

Tutorial Opening

Example 2.png

Start of Area 1-1

Example 3.png

Mid-boss of Area 1-2

Example 4.png

Boss of Area 1-3

Last edited:
Are there any plans to modify the Working Designs script to make it more faithful to the original Japanese (such as the characters names: Bug --> Moses, Shyna Nera Shyna --> Sinna Neutlarva Sinna, etc.)?

Are there any plans to modify the Working Designs script to make it more faithful to the original Japanese (such as the characters names: Bug --> Moses, Shyna Nera Shyna --> Sinna Neutlarva Sinna, etc.)?
We are simply injecting the Working Designs script with as few modifications as possible (sometimes we have to add a hyphen or extra space, etc). A number of people have approached me about doing a relocalization, and I would be happy to assist that effort with advice and sharing of documentation once this patch is complete, but such an endeavor is not within our current project scope. We are prepping to release our 0.30 beta patch in the next day or two, so a bit too far along to change course now.

hello good ones. Thank you first of all for doing the translation. I tried with the 1st version and now with 0.30 and the segasaturn patcher creates 34 tracks for me, how many originally there are 26... the fenrir duo gives me failed and retry and press reset so that the Saturn loaded the game the 2nd time. With which version is the normal patched or the revision A version? And why from 574 megabytes when patching it goes to 703 megabytes?

Last edited:
should be 26 tracks. for my original game they are called
Silhouette Mirage (Japan) (Track 01)
and after the patch its
SILHOUETTEMIRAGE_Track_1

I would suggest building the patched ISO into a different folder.

I remember as a kid playing this at a local game store (game hits) and was always impressed and intrigued by it, but never had a clue of what the hell to do in the game. This might be a fun game to give a try now that its in english.

I remember as a kid playing this at a local game store (game hits) and was always impressed and intrigued by it, but never had a clue of what the hell to do in the game. This might be a fun game to give a try now that its in english.
At this point, I have played through the opening half of the game dozens of times (for bug checking and the like), and I can confirm that it is fun. Once you get a hang of the controls, you feel like the cutest little death machine haha.

Last edited:
Is this going to be a text replacement using the PS1 script only or might there be plans later on to retranslate from the original Japanese? I ask because I know Working Designs' translations have a bit of a reputation.

Is this going to be a text replacement using the PS1 script only or might there be plans later on to retranslate from the original Japanese? I ask because I know Working Designs' translations have a bit of a reputation.
The goal of this project is to inject the PS1 Working Designs script only (though we do, very infrequently, have to take some liberties to fit the text). There is currently no plan for a "relocalization", but I would be happy to share our documentation with any group wanting to undertake such an effort in the future (and I am sure my team feels the same way).

Last edited:
Made an account to say thank you for putting in the effort to port the English translation back over to the original Saturn release!
You guys are doing awesome stuff! Do you have a Ko-Fi or do you take donations?

Last edited:
Back