Cool Cool Toon (English Translation Patch)

v1.1 RELEASE - "Cool Cool Toon" English translation patch.

derek (ateam)

Pluto Supporter
Over a year in the making, I'm very excited to announce the release of our English translation patch for "Cool Cool Toon" on the SEGA Dreamcast! This has easily become my favorite rhythm game for the DC. Hopefully you all fall in love with it too!

To download the patch, head on over to the GitHub project page (linked below). Be sure to skim the README to learn about what's changed with this translation patch, along with some brand-new bonus content that I've baked directly into the disc!

The awesome launch trailer seen above comes courtesy of one of the project's @GGDreamcast. I couldn't have done it without him and the rest of my incredible team: translators @popomocco and @Cargodin, and graphic artist @YuviApp.

If you're feeling generous and want to contribute to my ongoing Dreamcast endeavors, head on over to DreamcastForever.com and click "Contact" for the PayPal donation link.

DOWNLOAD PATCH / VIEW README
GitHub - DerekPascarella/CoolCoolToon-EnglishPatchDreamcast: English translation patch for the Sega Dreamcast game "Cool Cool Toon".

TWITTER POST
https://twitter.com/DerekPascarella/status/1685103576584949760

Cool Cool Toon (English - v1.1) [GDI].zip
646.42 MB file on MEGA

Cool Cool Toon (English - v1.1).cdi
772.61 MB file on MEGA

Last edited:
Hey Derek. This has nothing to do with the topic in particular, but first of all I just wanted to say thank you for taking on all these fantastic Dreamcast translation projects. I think everyone can agree you've given and achieved a truly insane amount for this community. Second of all, I saw your video here and was wondering if you have decided on which game you want to tackle next.

You don't have to reveal what you decided on, of course, but have you decided on one? If not, I just wanted to throw my ranking into the mix here since I don't have a youtube account to comment with:

1) Langrisser Millennium
2) Black Matrix
3) July

The most important thing is that you're happy with what you're working on, though, since you are the one doing the heavy lifting for the benefit of everyone else. :)

Hey Derek. This has nothing to do with the topic in particular, but first of all I just wanted to say thank you for taking on all these fantastic Dreamcast translation projects. I think everyone can agree you've given and achieved a truly insane amount for this community. Second of all, I saw your video here and was wondering if you have decided on which game you want to tackle next.

You don't have to reveal what you decided on, of course, but have you decided on one? If not, I just wanted to throw my ranking into the mix here since I don't have a youtube account to comment with:

1) Langrisser Millennium
2) Black Matrix
3) July

The most important thing is that you're happy with what you're working on, though, since you are the one doing the heavy lifting for the benefit of everyone else. :)

Thank you for the kind words!

I'm friends with Filler (creator of that video), it's not my video. I'll be helping Filler a bit with their future projects (I already wrote them a text extractor for one game covered in that video).

Regarding my next project, I've already started the first of the two "Love Hina" games on Dreamcast, while simultaneously working on a visual novel on the FM Towns.

Keep your eyes peeled :)

Back